7 - 27 MAY 2022
StateoftheART Gallery, 50 Buitenkant Street, Cape Town
This artist-run exhibition, curated by Tanja Truscott, is born from a passion for Abstract art.
Abstract*d presents the work of Balekane Legoabe, Odette Marais, Karla Nixon, Tanja Truscott and Shui-Lyn White. Five artists who explore beyond the physical reality to express that which can’t always be explained in words, giving us the time to reflect and look beyond the surface.
In the run-up to the exhibition they were in visual conversation with one another. They ‘spoke’ to one another in images. A conversation without words about line, colour, texture, shape and light. Sometimes the conversation was direct, at other times quirky with humorous lateral jumps, but it always spoke about how they saw the world around them.
As Shui-Lyn White wrote:
‘I found myself gazing at the visual exchanges, wondering at the shapes, the colours, the light, the angles…Watching the bounce of one image alongside another … from the real into the digital and back into the real again but this time on paper or canvas.’
Tuesday-Friday 10- 4 pm
Saturday 10-1 pm
- New Day, South Hill Vineyards
- Untitled, Glen Carlou
- 99 Reasons to Come to Cape Town, Chandler House
- SideTrack Open Studios
- Genus Loci - State of the Art Gallery, Cape Town
- Zeitz Mocaa: Home is where the Art is
- RK Contemporary: No Holds Barred
- South Hill Vineyards: On the Line
- Art on Avenues: Secret Garden
- RK contemporary: Works on Paper
- East Side Studios: Open Studios
- State of the Art Gallery: Latest work
- RK Contemporary: SHE